- ReferenceP138/2/1/1
- TitleDraft petition of Ecclesiastical Commissioner's to Queen's Council setting out scheme for a separate District to be constituted for spiritual purposes out of the new Parish of Christ Church, Luton.
- Date free text1893
- Production dateFrom: 1893 To: 1893
- Scope and ContentRecites: - indenture of 6 March 1893 under the hand and seal of Revd. Elgood George Punchard, Vicar of Christ Church, Rt.Revd. Alwyne, bishop of Ely, and Ecclesiastical Commissioners, endowing new Minister of proposed District with a perpetual rent charge of £106 p.a. charged on the endowments of the Vicarage of Christ Church - sum of £1461.13s.4d paid to Ecclesiastical Commissioners by Revd. John Charles Trevelyan as remaining part of the endowment - undertaking by Ecclesiastical Commissioners to pay £44 p.a. to Minister of the proposed District until it becomes a new parish, and then to the incumbent - patronage to be exercised by Bishop of Ely and his successors - boundaries as described in attached schedule and map - to be named the District of St.Saviour Luton Schedule: District of St.Saviour Luton to be that part of the new parish of Christ Church Luton bounded on SE by parish of Luton and bounded on NE, NW and W by imaginary line as follows: - commencing on boundary between parishes of Luton and Christ Church Luton at the junction of Castle Street with Victoria Street; - extending NE along the middle of Victoria Street for 5 3/4 chains to junction with Chapel Street near to junction with Regent Street; - extending NW across Chapel Street and along the middle of Regent Street for 7 1/4 chains to junction with Hastings Street; - extending SW along the middle of Hastings Street for 1 1/2 chains to junction with Adelaide Street; - extending NW along the middle of Adelaide Street for 9 1/2 chains to junction with Buxton Road; - extending SW along the middle of Buxton Road for 6 1/4 chains to junction with Western Road; - continuing SW along the middle of Western Road for 3 1/2 chains to junction with Winsdon Road at or near to the NE end of the wall or fence which forms the SE boundary of Luton Cemetery; - extending SW along the wall or fence for 7 3/4 chains to a point at the SW end of the wall or fence at the S corner of the Cemetery; - extending due S in a straight line fo 34 1/4 chains to a point in the middle of Farley Hill opposit the W end of the garden or enclosure attached to the Lodge forming the N entrance to Stockwood Park on the boundary which divides the new parish of Christ Church Luton from the parish of Luton.
- Level of descriptionitem
- Persons/institution keyword
- Keywords
Hierarchy browser