Reference
SDLutonChristChurch
Title
Christ Church School, Luton [Christ Church VC CPJ Boys and Girls, later Wenlock VA C of E Junior]
Admin/biog history
Created as a National Boys School in 1868 in Wellington Street, moving to Buxton Road in 1874; became a Public Elementary in 1903, a Public Elementary Junior in 1932 and a VC CP in 1946, amalgamated with Christ Church VC CP Girls in 1951 to form Christ Church VC CP Junior. Amalgamated with Queen Square VC CPJ in 1965 to form Wenlock VA C of E Junior School; Buxton Road building demolished 1969.
Scope and Content
Logbooks are held at Luton Museum
- Boys School (3 vols) 1874 - 1903
- Girls School (2 vols) 1874 - 19510
- Infants School (4 vols) 1874 - 1963
Level of description
fonds