• Reference
    B745
  • Title
    Copy letter saying that when the National Schools were built on the site of the old vicarage garden, from the bones dug up for foundations it was obvious that the land had been once part of the churchyard. The earth had been taken to a meadow in a heap until it was heard that Mr. Brandreth was anxious to fill in an old pond adjoining the churchyard. The 150 loads of earth had been put in that. Mentions repair to the east fence.
  • Date free text
    C19
  • Production date
    From: 1850 To: 1900
  • Language
    English
  • Level of description
    item